The hardest thing I ever going to do...

Sunday, June 17, 2012

I have been losing weight since October 2011, when I recommitted to my weight loss journey. Losing weight and maintaining it, will be the hardest thing, I ever going to do in my life. For many different reasons. It's a life style change for life, not a quick fix.

On these years of motivation, frustration, and all that goes in between weight loss; I learned, that without the commitment of sacrifice and hard work, you will fail without a doubt. Some people say they are ready for a change, but they give up a month after the commitment, that's why I say: "this is the hardest thing some of us will ever do". It won't be perfect but I promise myself to get up, each time I fall. I want this, I need this change for my life sake. So many dreams to achieve and I want to be an example, a role model and an inspiration for those struggling like I am. I don't want to let myself down and that's why, I am taking one day at a time. For those who doubt me, I will prove you wrong.

So, what the plan? Simple. No fad diets, no magic pills, no especial foods. Just moderation, balance and a decent calorie intake. In my case, for now I am eating 1500 daily calories and 1800 when I have an intense workout, (like CrossFit). The total calories is divided in 3 main meals and 2 snacks. I'm eating mostly home cooked 80% organic, mostly fish and poultry, an occasionally sweet treat in moderation. I'm currently exercising 5 days a week, 30-60 minutes a day. Some are intense workouts, some are moderated, like biking. My goal is to have a balanced nutrition and keep moving.
The picture is my latest visual tool. It placed in my study/office and I can see it, everyday. I add all my workouts and times, the five days I workout. Every Saturday, I add my currently weight. It will help me see my progress.
I'm excited and looking forward to achieve my first goal!!

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada